Canada PR Blitz Boosts Membership
What’s hotter than the hockey playoffs across Canada right now? GroupPrice, because we’ve introduced our website offering daily deals for small businesses into The Great White North with amazing results over the past week.
We tip our hats to thank editor Rick Spence of the National Post and his article – “Online Coupon Site Targets Owners”. It was picked up by other major news agencies from coast to coast, helping GroupPrice to attract many new members..
The Canadian press agrees:
– Van Jepson, a longtime Silicon Valley entrepreneur, founded GroupPrice.com to help entrepreneurs access products to help them grow their businesses.
– Just as Groupon was founded by Chicago friends who wanted to help their neighbors discover new things to do in the Windy City, Jepson hopes his daily discounts of 30 to 75% will encourage business owners to experiment with new business tools and tactics.
– Members have one week to opt in to each deal, a longer “window” than most deal sites offer, which Jepson says reflects the needs of entrepreneurs. “I want them to be able to check out these deals and do some comparison shopping,” he says.
– Redwood City, California-based GroupPrice has signed up about 1,500 members since its January launch. Jepson says there are 28 million businesses in the United States, but his target is the five million or so Internet-based businesses that he contends are motivated to grow and can benefit most from a plethora of specialty products and services.
– He’s hoping GroupPrice will become the trusted middleman, introducing businesses to valuable new services while slashing the marketers’ cost of new-customer acquisition.
All the details can be found in these newspapers and their respective stories:
– National Post (Toronto, ON) – Monday, April 18th.
– Times Colonist (Victoria, BC) – Tuesday, April 19th.
– Vancouver Sun (Vancouver, BC) – Tuesday, April 19th.
– Montreal Gazette (Montreal, QC) – Tuesday, April 19th.
– Ottawa Citizen (Ottawa, ON) – Tuesday, April 19th.
– Edmonton Journal (Edmonton, AB) – Tuesday, April 19th.